Have you ever thought about that word, "blameless"?
I just realized, last night, that I've never appreciated what God means when he calls me to be blameless. It means that I live in such a way that I am above reproach--above blame--above suspicion. Like Christ.
That shakes me. That is NOT my life. Thousands of self-judged "minor" infractions characterize everything I do.
I need to stop rationalizing my sins away, and recognize that if I act in a way that could incur blame, I sin.
Just a thought.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mutual Friendship as the key to radical involvement in changing society
Yesterday between church services we drove out to the old house so that Jonathan could have band practice. Living in Cokato for a month and ...
-
The cranberry red minivan had acquired a shimmy in recent years--a fact that its driver, Abraham, regarded in much the same way he regarded ...
-
The eyes open to a cry of pulleys, And spirited from sleep, the astounded soul Hangs for a moment bodiless and simple As false dawn. Outside...
-
I am... 1. Learning Italian! Thanks to a generous loan of some audio CDs and workbooks from Vowsh, I have a plan that will get me here all t...
No comments:
Post a Comment