Monday, March 31, 2008

yummy

...Every day
I see or hear
something
that
more or less
kills me
with delight,
that leaves me
like a needle
in the haystack
of light...
["Mindful," Mary Oliver]

For all of its misty moistiness, this day turned out deliciously! And even despite being overwhelmed and dog tired (like everyone else on this feverish campus), I am happy as I look forward to an evening of paper writing and laundry. Lately, my heart has been unaccountably exultant—I cannot count the number of times that a slant of light or a friend’s smile has sent it crackling and fizzing with inner delight. I think it must be Spring.

No comments:

Mutual Friendship as the key to radical involvement in changing society

Yesterday between church services we drove out to the old house so that Jonathan could have band practice. Living in Cokato for a month and ...