It's already mid-June, and here I am in Hudsonville (the library--my oldest, dearest haunt), bereft of full time employment, my life a steady stream of literature interrupted on occasion by my part time cleaning and babysitting stints or a mug of Folgers with the family. It's been five weeks of indolence, five weeks of adjustment, five weeks of anxiety. Financially, I am drowning. In every other way, however, I feel restored and healed, as though the rest and reading and porch sitting and coffee-drinking are slowly rebuilding my spirit, fortifying it for the struggles that lie ahead. So, despite my fears about not being able to make ends meet, I am contented, and I feel primarily grateful and blessed to be home.
I am on a Madeleine L'Engle kick. Oh, I love her.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mutual Friendship as the key to radical involvement in changing society
Yesterday between church services we drove out to the old house so that Jonathan could have band practice. Living in Cokato for a month and ...
-
The cranberry red minivan had acquired a shimmy in recent years--a fact that its driver, Abraham, regarded in much the same way he regarded ...
-
I am... 1. Learning Italian! Thanks to a generous loan of some audio CDs and workbooks from Vowsh, I have a plan that will get me here all t...
-
The eyes open to a cry of pulleys, And spirited from sleep, the astounded soul Hangs for a moment bodiless and simple As false dawn. Outside...
2 comments:
'Maybe surrounded by a
million people I
still feel all alone
I just wanna go home....'
i sent you an email about a week or so ago..did it go through?
Post a Comment