Wednesday, November 12, 2008

feelin' callow




Today is the sort of day that makes me realize that I should've paid more attention to high school politics. I feel naive and unsure of my footing in relational terrain that most normal people regard with world-weary yawns (having discovered years ago that those mountains really are molehills). And if the veterans continue to tell me that, it must be true. But I don't see that clearly enough yet to react to those molehills in any other manner than the alarm I feel.

That does not prevent me from feeling silly about how I've handled things. I wish I had the detachment to care less...but pity has a way of muddying my perspective and compromising my poise.

All in all, I definitely feel my immaturity more keenly than I have in awhile. It's unsettling to realize that the woman I thought I was chatting with in my brain is still in the most awkward stage of her social adolescence.
Funny that I managed to decieve myself about her for so long.

No comments:

Mutual Friendship as the key to radical involvement in changing society

Yesterday between church services we drove out to the old house so that Jonathan could have band practice. Living in Cokato for a month and ...