Snapshot of a weekend:
1. U2's "Joshua Tree" in its thrilling entirety while driving I-24 beneath a golden cumulus sky.
2. Tennis shoes and iPOD on a mountain jog...keenly aware of my body's limitations and yet somehow invincible. "Inebriate of air am I / and debauchee of dew, / Reeling, through endless summer days / from inns of molten blue."
3. Marvelling at whales, the sea, the human heart--and the multitudinous ways they overlap. Whales are my latest obsession.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mutual Friendship as the key to radical involvement in changing society
Yesterday between church services we drove out to the old house so that Jonathan could have band practice. Living in Cokato for a month and ...
-
The cranberry red minivan had acquired a shimmy in recent years--a fact that its driver, Abraham, regarded in much the same way he regarded ...
-
Yesterday was Mother's Day. It hasn't yet been two weeks since the evening that I did not know I was both pregnant and bleeding inte...
-
Who would have thought, when years had passed, and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...
No comments:
Post a Comment