Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How is it June?

It's already mid-June, and here I am in Hudsonville (the library--my oldest, dearest haunt), bereft of full time employment, my life a steady stream of literature interrupted on occasion by my part time cleaning and babysitting stints or a mug of Folgers with the family. It's been five weeks of indolence, five weeks of adjustment, five weeks of anxiety. Financially, I am drowning. In every other way, however, I feel restored and healed, as though the rest and reading and porch sitting and coffee-drinking are slowly rebuilding my spirit, fortifying it for the struggles that lie ahead. So, despite my fears about not being able to make ends meet, I am contented, and I feel primarily grateful and blessed to be home.

I am on a Madeleine L'Engle kick. Oh, I love her.

2 comments:

wettopsoil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wettopsoil said...

'Maybe surrounded by a
million people I
still feel all alone
I just wanna go home....'

i sent you an email about a week or so ago..did it go through?

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...