Friday, February 02, 2007

if i were queen of trnava...

I would ban stalkers, whistlers, catcallers, and perhaps just men in general. Or I would initiate a new male "fashion statement": caps with blinkers. That might curb the prolific objectivization of females that goes on as the girls and I walk to and fro in the city.
Felty, Julia, and I ate at a wonderful restaurant ("The Dolce Vita")--a calzone for Felty that resembled a breaded whale, and two massive spinwheel pizza for my R.A. and myself.

Later that afternoon, Lauren accompanied me to Tesco, where I stocked up on several necessities (and significant wants) and journeyed back to the Prestige.
We met some gen-u-ine Slovakians tonight at a showing of "Groundhog Day" at the Building...they speak English as fluently as Maartje and Eefje did, and are a crazy bunch. Tomorrow morning we plan on meeting them at an as-yet untested little cafe called Cafe Tete for the reputedly irresistable white hot chocolate.

I am so tired that I struggle to string sentences together. I guess that means it's bedtime.

Happy Groundhog's Day!




"We're not in Russia. We have Starbursts!" [-Philippa, one of our new Slavic acquaintances]

No comments:

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...