Monday, March 24, 2008

snow?!

I awoke at 7:30 this morning, and flipped the switch on my lamp immediately so that I wouldn't drift back off to sleep...I sensed that I was at that perfect stage of rest when any more would've made me sluggish, and any less would've been inadequate. Delicious! After laying back on my pillow and allowing the world to gradually pour into my senses, I leaned over the edge of my bed to grab my Bible--and glanced out the window--at the flurrying SNOWFLAKES turning their faces at me as they petaled down! Even now, as I sit here typing, the snow continues its silent barrage, coating the rooftops and treelimbs and sidewalk edgings with a slick white paste. I'll not even bring up the fact that a mere two days ago I was off gallivanting in shorts and a T-shirt through the cross country trails. Weird, weird.

Last day of break today: I hope to squander it away at Amy Buck's house, because my dorm is beginning to depress me, and (I balk to confess it) coffee can only provide so much companionship. I've become quite a social creature, for all my professed independance. And that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...