Monday, December 01, 2008

"The person who would do great things well must practice daily on little ones; and she who would have the assistance of the Almighty in important acts, must be daily and hourly accustomed to consult His will in the minor affairs of life." -Emily Judson

I am wasting my life waiting in idleness for some great, important task. How encouraging to remember that the business of living well is reserved for all followers of Christ, and is significant and useful in its own right, even as it prepares me for the "greater" moments that may eventually confront me.

Obedience to the will of God brings satisfaction always, to all of my desires, be they deep or shallow, noble or mean. And a life of obedience is never insignificant.

No comments:

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...