Sunday, June 21, 2009

I am letting my Self pollute my experience of life more than usual, lately.

Puppeteering my relationships so that I see only strings.
Hearing only the pitch of my voice when I sing.
Feeling only the unstirred beat of my heart when I pray.

I want to see people when I interact with them.
I want to listen to the entire choir.
I want another to stir my heart.

Self is a big mean ole bully, wrestling gentle Spirit to the ground, pretending to be unaware that he needs Spirit to be truly real, truly fulfilled...pretending not to know that he is weaker.

1 comment:

jaybird said...

ms.
did you write that beautiful little thing?

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...