Thursday, October 22, 2009

false pattern

You start off with a thousand directions. And you play with them fast and loose. You only start to panic when you've narrowed or compromised your options too much, trapped yourself in debt or in diminishing relationships, until you just accept where you are and stop growing.

Sometimes that pattern is all I see when I look at the lives of those around me, and it makes it hard for me to breathe.

Until I feel the stir of the Spirit breathing within my constricted soul for me. Until I hear the sloshing of living water deep in my gut. They whisper to me in a still small voice of the One whose name is Faithful and True, the One who is both the Alpha and the Omega of my life and of every life. They remind me of the authentic, glorious, mysterious pattern.

And I can breathe again.

No comments:

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...