Monday, December 11, 2006

slovakia...here i come!

Today, as I hurriedly checked my mailbox for a doctrine essay, the sight of a blue half-sheet of paper caught my attention: I had an envelope! I handed it to the postal worker, and what did I recieve in exchange?

My passport to Slovakia. Literally. I now own a fresh, unblemished (well, aside from the drugged-up photo of yours truly), inviting new passport, ready for stamps! You can imagine my elation. Not even a rigorous two-hour doctrine exam could dispel my joy. Not even saying goodbye to Felty over a mug or two of Grayfriar's finest could quench my enthusiasm. Not even the odious prospect of packing and of cramming into a vehicle for twelve hours and of taking a pestiferous math exam can curb my delight. It truly is, borrowing a phrase from the movie of the season...a wonderful life.

I also splurged and purchased a handmade purse with a braided strap and a wooden button. I went to the bank and cashed in a check so I'd have gas money. It's been a productive day, no doubt about it.

...And about that essay? Straight A.

I'm going to sleep well tonight!

No comments:

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...