Saturday, May 12, 2007

the WEEKEND!!

That's right...Saturday has come at last, and my first week of BEST summer team is officially under my belt. We changed over Carter and did a lot of organizing and crushing the first week, which made the time fly. I'm also moved into the glamorous apartment #4, complete with an earsplitting window AC unit and a phone landline with an unreliable connection. I'm rooming with the beautiful Ugandian Melanie, and Buck and Lauren share our home. Already, we've done some entertaining. Amy S. and I cooked some chicken fajitas the other day, and last night we had George, his pregnant wife, and Trevor over for some spaghetti and a rousing game of Imagineiff, followed by "Diversity Day" (an episode of The Office).

I love slow Saturday mornings! Today I slept in until 8:30, took a long refreshing shower, and then watched another episode of The Office before heading out to Highlands with a blanket and a book to lay out and read for an hour. Upon my return, I've watched Buck and Melanie battle each other in Nintendo. Now that's a good day!

Quite a few of our team have departed for their respective homes in honor of Mother's Day, which signifies a low-key weekend. I sent Mom a letter yesterday, and am hoping that it arrives in time. I also intend to call her tomorrow.

All in all, I'm looking forward to this summer!

No comments:

To Mom

Who would have thought, when years had passed,  and you had left this world for good, I'd find such comfort remembering the way it felt ...